Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Etsy Wedding

Gonna take the time to get all weddingy.

There's four and a half months to go, so I've started buying things for the decor. I've been having a lot of fun with it. It's kinda nifty to throw a big party and put your own stamp on it. I'm never going to throw an event of this magnitude again.

I find myself on Etsy a lot, and crafting blogs looking for DIY projects. Today, for example, I bought these for the table numbers:


I love shabby chic things. But I also like quirky things, so I picked up this for a guestbook/seating chart:


Guests go through the card catalogue and find their name, which will tell them their table number, and then there's space to write a message a la guestbook.

And shabby chic and quirky are good, but I also enjoy cute. And cows. I love cows, I really do. Not sure why. So, I got these for a cake topper:


It's going to be eclectic. I started out with a Monet theme idea, which inspired me with the cake and the colours. It sort of set the tone, but I started to feel stifled and constrained with a theme, so I let it go and just focused on what I liked and what would be fun. But the theme was good because it gave me a place to start.

I'm really looking forward to it, but not just the party. I'm looking forward to the ceremony and saying my vows and hearing them back. I'm happily thinking about when we can begin reallocating our money to our future instead of to wedding savings. I'm excited to think about saving for a home, trips and starting a family.

And yes, it is 2:00 a.m. Insomnia, man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...