Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dresses and Tea

Tomorrow is a very ladylike day for me. I'm going out with my friends to our regular tea jaunt, and just to sweeten the day with even more gentleness, we're catching the ballet beforehand. It's going to be an afternoon of loveliness.

I've had a cough that's persisted since my wedding. I've gone to a couple movies and I've done my best to suppress it or time its release to convenient moments in the film. At the ballet, I can only hope I don't bother too many people.

I'm currently in love with a number of dresses that I can't have. I can't have them because I can't afford them currently. Why? Well, this laptop I'm typing on was plenty expensive and Christmas is coming.

But here they are anyway:

I love this little dress, but at $100,
it's a wee bit too expensive for me.


This has recently gone on sale.
Once le computer is paid off, it shall be mine.


This happy little number is so retro chic.
It's also on my must-have list.


I think this one was made for me.
Perfect colour and a high waist. Love!


Now this would be an indulgence.
It's a great party dress, but how much wear would I get out of it?
Plus, it's no longer on sale come tomorrow.

I have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40 dresses. It's taken about three years to build my collection and I can now get away without wearing pants. But considering there's no mix and matching, and they've got to be seasonal, and party dresses are not entirely useable for daily wear, 40 dresses doesn't go as far as you might think.

Hence... I need more dresses. Heee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...