Sunday, June 30, 2013

No More Nursing: Day One

Day one of not breastfeeding is today. I did nurse in the early morning. I think so long as my body allows it, I'm going to do that as it works and it's very convenient. I've read about other mothers who have managed to do only one feed a day. Maybe I can too. If not, oh well.

It's been seven hours since I've nursed. Strangely I'm not terribly engorged. I certainly was at 5:00 a.m. this morning, though. I was leaking all over myself and my boobs were firm to the touch. I didn't pump before bed like I usually do and that seemed to be the result.

This morning the Dude and I took Jack out to the grocery store and I wore a normal dress, an empire waisted summer dress with a bra that I can't nurse in. It was very freeing.

Hello again, old friend.

I have pads in my bra to absorb any leaking milk. I haven't pumped all day. I slept in while the Dude took care of Jack and did some housework, and I didn't have to worry at all about my milk supply.

I knew I'd know the right time to quit and it's finally here. I'm so ready.

And it's just the boost I need because yesterday I went out for a hair colouring (Nearly four months without one!) and the hair stylist asked me when I was due. Womp womp. I wasn't terribly generous with my tip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...