Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not Much

I've been working the overtime and actually leaving the house for the sake of a social life. And yet I've not felt the need to write. I have no topics on hand. No musings. No reminiscing. Possibly I'm in a state of stasis until I get my beloved kittens. Oh, how I want kittens.

The Dude and I have plans to see the Tim Burton exhibition this week with McPal and his boyfriend, and we saw a movie this evening. I also went to Simpson's Trivia, and my friend who moved to Chicago spent the night recently and I've been going to dance. So I've been social. Definitely been a hermit, but not a total recluse.

And that's a good thing. Because the snowier it gets, the more resolved I get to stay at home. And I need new boots. Mine have holes in the sole and the heel on the right foot has gone wonky, making a clip-clop noise akin to a horse hoof whenever I walk. Which I like. I like the clip-clop, but the holes make for soakers and soakers make for a bad day. I could go out and buy new ones, but of course that would involve leaving the house.

I think in a past life I may have been a bear. Hibernating sounds lovely.

I miss being a kid. I used to like making snowmen and snow forts. Oh, I loved me a good fort. That was my favourite part of school in the winter. I went to schools with large expansive yards and even when I got too old to make the forts I always kept my eye on which ones were my favourites and which ones I'd play in if only it wouldn't be so fatally uncool of my bad 13-year-old self.

I also liked ice skating. There was a rink a 5-minute walk from my house, just across the park. Tobogganing was great. My mom would take my brother and I to the golf course when it snowed and at the school and daycare I went to the kids made ice hills, no sled required.

Being an adult in the winter doesn't quite hold the same magic, not unless you're a skier or snowboarder or something like that. For me it's become about avoiding the slush.

And of course that means fewer life experiences during the chill of winter, and thus fewer blog posts. So all the more reason for kittens, yes? Yes.

2 comments:

Alek said...

Proposal: let's make a day to go to the park and build snow forts. Seriously.

Jendra Berri said...

I would love that. FORTS!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...