Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Siesta

I am a vibrant, energetic young woman. Seriously, I've been tired for so long I don't remember what it's like not to be tired. I get enough sleep each night, about eight hours. I'm eating better than I ever have in my life. Fruits and vegetables were not a major component in my childhood, but they are now. I get my weekly exercise via dance class and wherever I go, I do plenty of walking. There are no personal vehicles in my life. My weight is normal.

So what the hell? I'm exhausted. I feel like I need a nap. I feel foggy. Yesterday, for example, I got up after a full night's rest, had a shower and drank a tea. I still needed a nap before I went out after work. I was just too tired. I find it hard to wake up in the morning.

Maybe I need more fresh air? Maybe I'm lacking in certain vitamins? Maybe I'm missing something?

So I called the doctor for an appointment. They were going to see me in a few days, but then I realized I was due for a physical and I didn't want to have to make two trips. And then I wanted it on my day off because I don't like rushing around with my work to make appointments if I don't have to, particularly since I've been needing naps. So I have to wait a month.

Man, I could go for a nap right about now.

My cousin sent out her destination wedding info, so now the saving and paying can start. $1,500 a piece to go to Mexico. Is this what the Dude and I really should be spending our money on? Probably not. But we're doing it anyway. We've never travelled together. Funny thing, I've gone on tropical vacations with two other boyfriends in the past, and within months of those trips we've broken up. And on those trips there were beefs about how to spend the time.

I think the Dude and I would be fine, as we're happy and comfortable leaving each other alone, doing our own thing, and don't need an activity together to enjoy each others company. I could see him wandering about on side trips to take photos while I lounge by the pool with a drink and a book.

I wouldn't mind being tired in Mexico. Then my napping would be called a siesta.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...