Monday, June 21, 2010

Hot Yoga

When I was 17-- hell, when I was 22 even-- I gave not a shit about vegetables or exercise. I made an attempt at tai chi in my early 20s and eventually gave up because I couldn't be bothered. I didn't like zucchini or peppers until I was about 24. I didn't take up dance until around then either.

Oh, the wasted years of mediocre health. I was doing pilates and enjoying it until I moved last October and my fragile routine crumbled under the change. I've been wanting something else to complement dance since (Anything for flexibility) and for some reason I can't seem to force myself to take the trip into town to get back into it.

So this week I start hot yoga. Frankly, I could stand to lose a few pounds and this is an activity I can do a few minutes from my house. Even on my laziest days I think I could make myself go. And I do get a lot of lazy days where video games and the internet have a much stronger draw than doing anything that would be to my physical benefit.

I bought new workout clothes to motivate myself. Also, it being hot yoga means lots of laundry. And I'm not going to go if every two classes I have to do a load to be able to go again.

I'm really hoping that this is going to be something that sticks. Of course I actually have to start. Maybe once I do I'll finally be able to touch my toes. I'd like to be able to do that before I hit 30. I mean, frig. If I don't get my ass cracking on my health and flexibility now in my 20s, I'm kind of screwed for the future, right?

I miss being able to eat McDonalds with no repercussions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...